Wednesday, September 3, 2008

no, of course it isn't all bad

I don't want to make it sound like it is all awful with Ari and school. He isn't the big bad bruiser. Today he had a quiet day at school, from what I can tell--communication is a bit opaque. He was there for nearly 6 hours today and apparently only cried twice. I guess that's good. Probably as good as it gets. Andrew, the lead teacher, got Ari to sleep at nap time. I was very impressed by that because it is not easy to get that boy to sleep. That I can tell you. I'm sure Andrew had to work very hard to do it and he handled it all with good grace. That's something mama really appreciates. Ari handled it all with good grace too. Mama appreciates that every day. He is such a resilient little man.

Today, after Ari came home and nursed, he sat up and burped. Then he looked at me and remarked, "I burped." It was unmistakable and very surprising to me. I don't know why. Writing it down sounds so commonplace, but I guess that's what it was. Very conversational, as if I was talking to just anyone. He is making that transition right now into the world of words.

Communication is so precious and magical and human. Ari definitely makes me appreciate the wild luck of being born into this human body and mind.

2 comments:

Blicky Kitty said...

I bet it was such a sweet little burp too.

Tell him Blicky Kitty loves him!

Mama said...

You get a kiss for that.